Don’t have time to meditate? Try one of these 8 simple ways to meditate (be more mindful) throughout your day… Although it has to be said that if you don’t have time to meditate for 10 minutes, you need to meditate for 20.
1. Cooking! Whilst stirring that casserole, or chopping those veggies. Appreciate the food, and notice it’s smells/texture/feel etc.
2. Walking from your car to your office or college or wherever. Instead of thinking about the day ahead, focus on your surroundings in the present moment.
3. While having a shower (but don’t waste water). Close your eyes and enjoy the experience! Literally millions would love a nice hot shower.
4. Chill out in Child’s pose for a few minutes. It’s a yoga pose (google it). Take a variation that feels good, close your eyes and sink deeper into the pose with each exhale ahhhh.
5. Have your morning beverage in silence. Go outside, sit in the sun and savor each mouthful.
6. Breathe slowly and deeply in and out of the nose – the quickest way to get into your parasympathetic nervous system (rest & digest).
7. Listen to an entire song that gives you the feels without doing anything else.
8. Be in nature. Take your shoes off and feel the earth beneath your feet.
Studies show that mindfulness and meditation have an ability to reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety and pain… Try one of the above practices now. It takes less than a minute. Notice how you feel afterwards… Now isn’t that worth a few minutes of your day?
Head over to www.tllcollective.com to receive your free “self-care mini-retreat package”.