Here’s a way to get more servings of veggies into your day! A slice of our chocolate beetroot bundt cake with coconut chocolate ganache. Any excuse to eat chocolate, right? The pairing between Loving Earth’s rich, velvety dark chocolate and the earthy flavour of beetroot is heavenly.
- 3 blocks (240g) Loving Earth 72% Dark Chocolate
- 100ml Loving Earth Cold Pressed Coconut Oil + 1 tbsp for greasing
- 3 Chia or Flax eggs
- 300g coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 1/4 cup rice or any other gluten-free flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 25g Loving Earth Cacao Powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup drinking coconut milk
- 350g peeled and grated raw beetroot, excess liquid squeezed out (about 3-4 beetroots)
- Pinch of salt
- 125g Loving Earth 72% Dark Chocolate
- 125 ml coconut cream
- Step 1 – Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water and gently heat until melted. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water to prevent the chocolate from becoming gritty. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2 – Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a large bundt pan or 2 round spring form cake pans with the extra 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Step 3 – In a large bowl, whisk the chia or flax eggss, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut milk and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, sift through the spelt flour, your choice of gluten-free flour, bi-carb, baking powder, cacao powder and a pinch of salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Step 4 – Fold in the finely grated beetroot, coconut milk and melted chocolate to the egg/flour mixture and stir until just combined. Make sure not to over-mix.
- Step 5 – Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt tin or 2 spring-form cake tins for 1 hour. Check with a fine skewer to see if the cake has completely cooked through. If the skewer comes out clean, it’s ready! Otherwise, place the cake back in the oven for approximately 5-10 more minutes Place a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning.
- Step 6 – Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Step 7 – For the ganache, pour 125ml of coconut cream into a small saucepan and place over a small flame. Once it begins to lightly bubble, add the 125g of Dark Chocolate (broken into small chunks). Turn off the heat and lightly stir until the chocolate has completely melted and slightly thickened.
- Step 8 – Once the cake’s cooled, spread the ganache evenly and generously. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Go to Loving Earth for more decadent recipes!